BRICS BUSINESS COUNCIL MEETING, SOUTH AFRICA
...The 2018 Presidency of BRICS with South Africa holds special significance as it is not only the birth centenary of iconic leader Nelson Mandela but also marks 125 years when Mahatma Gandhi first came to South Africa and began his journey of mobilizing people towards independence through ‘satyagraha’ or principles of peaceful resistance.
...The fact that we are engaging more not only amongst ourselves but are also promoting cooperation across regions is even more important today when we are seeing a rising wave of protectionism from the advanced economies that poses a grave threat to global trade and investment flows.
…Mahatma Gandhi had once said that “Industry should regard itself as trustee of the poor”. As representatives of the business fraternity of the BRICS economies, it is our responsibility to keep the inclusive agenda at the forefront of our co-operation…
23 July 2018, Durban
BRICS BUSINESS COUNCIL
The BRICS Business Council was established during the Fifth BRICS Summit held on 26th - 27th March 2013 in Durban, South Africa. The objective of creating the council was to constitute a platform which will:
- Promote and strengthen business, trade and investment ties amongst the business communities of the five BRICS countries;
- Ensure that there is regular dialogue between the business communities of the BRICS nations and the Governments of the BRICS countries; and
- Identify problems and bottlenecks to ensure greater economic, trade and investment ties amongst the BRICS countries and recommend solutions accordingly.
BRICS Business Council Working Groups
Nine working groups in the areas of Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Energy & Green Economy, Skills Development, Agribusiness, Deregulation, Regional Aviation and Digital Economy have been formed under the aegis of the BRICS Business Council.
The main objectives of these Working Groups are to facilitate interaction amongst businesses with a view to better understand the market opportunities and build synergies based on their respective competitive strengths and to promote industrial development and job creation.Read More..
News & Announcements
- May 07, 2019India, Germany, Brazil, Japan ‘absolutely needed’ at UNSC as permanent members: France
- May 07, 2019Phasing out the dollar: Russia significantly increases ruble share in export settlements with BRICS
- Apr 28, 2019Russia & China set up yuan-denominated fund for joint investments
- Apr 20, 2019Brazil outlines slew of sectors for 2019 BRICS Summit under its presidency
- BRICS countries to build a single service for mobile payments
- Apr 15, 2019India’s National Payments Corporation Wants to Build a Blockchain Solution
- Apr 05, 2019S. Africa hands over chairmanship of BRICS Business Council to Brazil
- Apr 03, 2019BRICS New Development Bank approves 5 new projects for funding
- Apr 02,2019BRICS Bank to Raise $310 Million Selling South African Bonds April 02 2019
- Apr 01, 2019 South Africa to get around $790 million in loans from BRICS Bank
- Sep 20, 2018 BRICS bank approves USD 525-million loan for infra projects in Madhya Pradesh
- Sep 12, 2018 Cabinet okays EXIM's blockchain research with BRICS banks
- Sep 11, 2018 BRICS and BRICS Plus: Unlocking growth potential
- Apr 20, 2018 India pitches for BRICS credit rating agency
- Feb 27, 2018 India to insist on delinking MSMEs from e-commerce at BRICS meet
- Jan 29, 2018 South Africa will host the 10th BRICS summit in July